Have you ever heard of an apple peeler, corer and slicer? If you are planning to make homemade applesauce, you should certainly purchase one, it will save you oodles of time.
I borrowed my mom’s basic counter top version which worked just fine! Or you can use the KitchenAid attachment for those fancier, more savvy cooks, like my sister, who floats around the kitchen whipping up glorious recipes.
As always, I prefer my recipe adventures to have a few guidelines.
- Preparation should take no more than 30 minutes. I am working on my patience people! #Hangry
- The ingredient list should include normal, everyday foods. Not some exotic fruit thing.
- Ten steps or less, please. I am entertaining a babe and fending off a dog during this thing called cooking.
Ok already, the recipe.
- Peel and core apples. Cut into chunks and place in a crock pot.
- Add the apples, 1/2 cup of water and sprinkle cinnamon to your liking.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours, until apples are soft.
- Smash and mash those apples with that potato musher upper thingy.
That is it! How simple? Your house will smell like a delicious apple pie.
Make sure you eat immediately or refrigerate. The apples are fresh so it will only keep for about a week.